Friday, February 29, 2008

Therefore, I shall resign the Presidency effective at noon tomorrow.

OK so actually its effective on 3/14 at 11PM, details mere details! Oh and I'm not the President, pssh.

So I signed into my email from home today and sent my manager my two weeks notice. It is a momentous day. It was hard to pull the trigger on that email too, so I talked to Ben over chat and he helped me through it. I sent it and got a short, but not curt, response back acknowledging the date.

So it was a bit scary, after going to the same job for 6 years you get comfortable, put down roots, you forget what it was like out there "on the outside". I talked to Greg for a while about his experience with leaving Dell, he said it was scary at first too, because you don't know what to expect but then he found it was a lot better outside of Dell for those same reasons, life was interesting again. Thanks Greg I appreciate the good words. Also Tammy reminded me to keep my eyes were I'm going not were I've been. Very true, thanks sweetie!

Overall I'm feeling really grateful for my family and friends who are there for me when things feel uncertain, or unknown. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

~kristi said...

yeah, now soon you can walk Ben through that big step!!

trichards77 said...

I would love to, I know that day can't come soon enough!

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

*Sniff* Is that a tear in my eye? Can't believe I will be all alone at Dell. :(

First one there, last one to leave - figures.