Thursday, November 12, 2009

Software Architecture

Ok so a few words about the software architecture course here at Full Sail. This class has some extremely useful information, however, you will only start to see how useful it is once you start getting into designing larger projects. Even now I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of some of the ideas taught here.

For instance one of the major focuses of the class is to teach design patterns, I'm using those same patterns, where I can, to implement my code for final project. However, it seems that the more intimate knowledge of the design patters I have the simpler it becomes to maintain my code, the patterns have a lot of depth, you can't learn them in one sitting, it takes lots of practice - they might not seem directly applicable to you (in this class) other than using them to finish the labs - but put extra effort and time into understanding and using them!

Do a little side project and force yourself to use the observer pattern, the state pattern, the command pattern, and the Model-View pattern. Just these alone will make the projects you do here at Full Sail that much easier because there is nothing more time consuming than backtracking in your work because of poor design choices. This class will help you to avoid those mistakes, but you have to apply yourself - as always - and use it or lose it!

2 comments:

Fai said...

hi;D
i just discovered your blong and i found it interesting. I would like to ask you a couple of questions about your experience in full sail, give me your email address, if you dont mind, and i will write you;D Thanks!

trichards77 said...

sure its my blogger handle @ gmail.com