Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Month 2


So another month is underway, this month its Calc-Trig and Programming 1. I have a transfer credit for calc and trig so I've been auditing the class helping others with the homework assignments (which are liberal).

A word about the calc and trig class:
This class is insane, a lot of the students had some algebra several years ago in high school, did some review to pass the entrance exam, and now in the course of one day in calc trig class are expected to differentiate using the power rule, product rule, and quotient rule. Now they are able to do it, it isn't pretty but they get it done. I had 16 weeks of trig and 16 weeks of pre-cal before I ever touched calc-1 and even then it wasn't till about 6 weeks into the course that we covered the product rule and quotient rule. Lets just say I'm really glad I took my time with the math, I have a feeling will continue to serve me far beyond this school.

[So to anyone reading this blog that is thinking about going to Full Sail, I would recommend at least doing some self study over trig and calculus 1 material, this will help you a lot.]

Programming 1:
This class is much more laid back than calc, its difficult for the people who have never had programming before but its not so rushed that you miss all the details of programming. So far the topics have been review for me with nuggets of new insight dispersed throughout the lectures. So it's been pretty good overall, I'm learning some new things while reviewing a lot of old things.

This month the schedule is Tue, Thur, Sat 5PM to 1AM and Wed, Friday 9AM to 5PM.

It's time to hit the surf, will post again later!

3 comments:

Ben said...

Your going to the beach AGAIN!!!?


STOP IT!!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that this is a pretty awesome blog. I'm going to full sail at the end of august for Game Development, fresh out of high school. My friend is also going down for Music Business and we're getting an apartment together.

trichards77 said...

Awesome, I'm sure I will see you at school then. Everyone on the GD program is pretty much in the same building. There are quite a few people fresh out of high school, and so far as I can see Full Sail teaches you everything you need to get going in the game dev industry. I've talked with several people who are finishing their degrees and allready have well paying jobs lined up. That was very encouraging to hear. So good luck getting down here and see you in the fall!