Monday, April 28, 2008

1st month

So I've almost completed the first month, only have two classes left in each course. So what I have learned? Well, I've learned a lot about creating games. At least all the preplanning stuff before you even start to code anything. It has been insightful and its been fun.

There has been a lot of work that goes into group efforts, kinda like at Dell when I would have to corral people and coordinate efforts to get parts replaced or a bunch of servers repaired. Now I have to coordinate with a lot of people to get a robot costume built, sound effects worked out, Power Point content consistent.

In my ever so serious career at Full Sail the most note worthy things I have done so far are dress up as robot - with my own custom made sound effects, and create a very crude 2D animation of an owl biting the head off a rat to demonstrate the kind of sound effects our game could potentially have.

I'm still waiting on video of the robot, its the craziest thing you've ever seen

I do have the rat snack though so without further delay...

Make sure you have your sound turned up, so you can hear the totally awesome CRUNCH!

3 comments:

~kristi said...

Le was talking about you guys tonight. She has been talking about Tammy and skipping rocks for a while. Cannot wait to visit and see that ocean!!

BuffaloBobby said...

sounds cool-- good luck.

--Kevin

~kristi said...

its time for a new post! What are you doing with your time studying or something?