Sunday, January 4, 2009

Windows Programming 2

This class is exclusively in C#, which is cool but by the time you get out and have to propram in C++ you feel a bit rusty.

Chuck teaches this class, you meet him in WP1 for a couple of class. He is a very organized teacher and is pretty easy to follow but he is probably the fastest typer to this point so it can be a challenge to keep up. I downloaded the previous months content so I was able to copy and paste from that when I start to fall behind.

So this class teaches you alot of the .Net framework stuff, it will be used in later months to create tools for your games. C# is a cinch, so it makes since to use it for anything that doesn't need to run super fast. Actually let me say that C# can get really advanced but its easy to figure out, things are intuitive and the intellisense that compiler has is make it easy to see what the language has to offer.

The main objective of the class is to create a tile editor, which is good to know, I actually used this to create my game in The Structure Of Game Design, overall this class was not to challeneging and requires little effort to stay on top of. This class is taken accross from 3D Content and Creation, which is also an easy (but really cool) class. So that makes for a pretty easy month, enjoy it cause I think thats the last time you will see a full 8 hours of sleep, seriously things get tough after this point so be ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog - since I'm planning on going to Full Sail soon for the Game Development program. ^__^ Your entries have been very insightful and helped me make a solid decision. Please update soon!